Thursday, December 29, 2005

Tired

The fatigue has hit. Actually it hit last night. I took Nipper for a walk -- the first time in several days, so he was happy -- but maybe I overdid it. I spent the rest of the night on the couch, barely awake, and went to bed a bit early. Today wasn't much better. I went to work, but was still pretty tired all day.

I had lunch with another friend who was visiting family for the holiday from Muncie, where she works for the newspaper there. Another co-worker joined us, but another ex-co-worker wasn't able to make it, since she had a migrane. We met at a classy micro-brewery and diner downtown. It was our first time there, and it was actually pretty good. I've heard mixed reviews about the place, but my chicken club was good. I don't drink, so can't tell you anything about the beer (although my friend said the pumpkin ale was pretty good). She gave me a ceramic star Christmas ornament that she made at one of those pottery shops where you paint the thing you want and they fire it for you. I thought it was cool she would do that.

My parents and I celebrated my birthday early at my dad's house tonight (tomorrow is the real day). We had a simple dinner, since none of us seemed to feel that great, and chocolate cake, and then I got my gifts. The big one I saw right off as I walked in the door. Mom, Dad and my brother got me a curio cabinet to keep all my Peanuts collectibles in. There's even a good spot for it in the bedroom. Mom and Dad put it mostly together at his house, so we had to load it up in Mom's truck and bring it home. We're both too tired to finish putting the door on and the shelves in, so maybe that will be a weekend project.

Mom also got me a Snoopy & Woodstock statue to put in the garden. They're in they're Beagle Scout gear and it's really cute.

That's it for now. I'm going to go get comfy and crawl into bed and watch reruns until I fall asleep.

1 comment:

Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

could you email me your address please for snail mail - I have something I want to send you.

email me at forherself@hotmail.com

Be brave, little one.