Wednesday, December 21, 2005

I'm back!

Man, I feel better than I have since Friday night.

Spent the entire afternoon at the hospital to get the soundwave treatment for my kidney stone. They put me under for the procedure, so I don't remember any of it. All I know is that after I woke up and got over the grogginess, I felt about 80 percent better. I just have a little soreness in my back, and the nurse said I was starting to show some bruising.

I think how I feel is mostly just mental. I was so down in the dumps yesterday and not looking forward to being in the hospital again, it just made me cry. Nipper had to put in a lot of comfort time for me this morning.

We left the hospital a little before 5 p.m., stopped to pick up some KFC to satisfy my craving, and headed home. As we walked in the door, the phone was ringing. It was co-worker calling to see if she could bring over the bonus we got at work this week -- a couple of Chamber of Commerce gift certificates for $10 each. Hey, that's much more than we've gotten the last two or three years!

I might go to work for awhile tomorrow afternoon. I'll see how I feel. It may just be the Percocet making me feel like I could do that.

Getting kind of sleepy, and Nipper is really wanting to snuggle with me, so I think I'll sign off and go lie in bed for while. Thanks to everyone for your e-mails and good thoughts!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Glad you are feeling better and got some good comfort food and support, gifts and hopes you keep feeling better!! Keep snuggling w/ that furry friend!

sandegaye said...

Your blog is very interesting.. keep up the writing because it helps to vent your feelings.
Thinking good things for you!