Thursday, December 08, 2005

Brrrr!

Today was just freezing! It was below zero when I woke up, and I don't think it warmed up much over about 15 degrees above zero during the day. I wore two layers top and bottom to work and that wasn't even enough. I put on my ever-present sweater I keep at work (even wear it during the summer, that's how screwey our system is) and by the afternoon had a blanket across my lap. And I was still cold.

And don't even get me started on the women's bathroom. I swear I saw ice forming in the toilet bowl.

Fortunately, I have a decent car now, and it warms up pretty good. Still, today, it took about half my 15-minute commute for the CRV to warm up nicely. In the old 89 Mustang I used to have, I wouldn't have even bothered turning on the heater on a day like today. I wouldn't have driven as fast over parts of the road, either.

No more adverse affects from Tuesday's chemo, so that's good. There's some good news about Herceptin today (which is what I started on Tuesday), but there's also some not so great news about breast cancer.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Brr, that is dang ole cold!! I'm glad you are feeling better today. I hope you have a pretty good weekend planned. The new van morrison CD is pretty good if you haven't heard it yet.