Saturday, December 10, 2005

It was so darn cold at the office Thursday, that Friday I decided I'd be prepared. I had on the thick thermal underwear, jeans, my company sweatshirt with a hoodie underneath ... I was ready. And of course, it was warm in the office yesterday.

At least it was a decent day, work-wise. Nothing too annoying, but the news was slow. I did page one, and wasn't real happy with it since there just wasn't much to put there. I'm on desk for the Sunday paper today, too, and while there's not a lot of news for us, I had a little fun with the design for page one yesterday. I usually don't get to do too much in any special designing projects. I guess I'm a bit too traditional for what the bosses want. Stick to just a couple, maybe three, fonts and that's it. Keep It Simple, Stupid. Sometimes I think we cross the line in our page one designs in how outrageous they get. Kind of gaudy, sometimes. Sure, it's fun to design, but you still should have your page one say "this is a newspaper." Not "look, we have computers!"

Anyway, I have to go fill the birdfeeders. It's not as cold today, already about 40 degrees, but the critters need their fuel. And Nipper needs to get out and play. We've hardly been out all week, so I'll bundle up and take him down to the creek for awhile. He'll be happy.

No comments: