Monday, December 26, 2005

Do they make Chapstick for your face?

The skin on my face is so dry today. You know that burning feeling you get when your lips are really dry? That's what my whole face feels like, especially under my eyes and on my eyelids. I slathered my face with lotion last night and this morning, but it didn't really help. I felt a little better after drinking about four cups of water, but it still kind of burns. I also have a slight rash around my collar bones that itched quite a bit this afternoon. And the skin on my neck is so sensitive that under normal conditions, I touch it and I get a long-lasting red blotch, so you imagine how this looked. When I was in the hospital last weekend, my doctor noticed a rash then, but it wasn't really bothering me. So I guess I have a couple questions for her tomorrow.

On the good side of the day, I got to see a good friend I haven't seen in a while, since her wedding this summer. They live in Connecticut, and it's obvious the distance is taking a toll on both of them. They plan on coming back to the Midwest, but both need another year or two of good experience before they want to move on career-wise. Probably a good choice, but I miss having her around. So we had a good evening, at her in-laws house. She asked me to bring Nipper, I think because she misses her own dog, and they're all dog people, so he had a good time too. He got cookies and some grilled beef and ice cream ... they spoiled him like he was their own. My friend gave Nipper a vanilla-flavored rawhide chew and gave me a cool picture frame. It was good to see her and get caught up. I only wish they could be here longer. But that's life, isn't it? Maybe sometime next year I can go see them.

1 comment:

sandegaye said...

Glad you had a Merry Christmas!
Ours was very low-keyed here in east TN.. but still a sweet time of being w/ hubby.
Thinking good thoughts for you..