Sunday, December 25, 2005

Merry Christmas!

Hope everyone had a good day, whether or not or you celebrate a holiday today. Ours was quiet and simple. We slept in late, had apple cinnamon muffins for breakfast and read the paper. Dad came over around 10:30 a.m. and we opened the presents. Dad and I got a lot more than Mom did, but I think she always enjoys the giving more than anything. Nipper even got his share of presents, mostly edible.

We grilled KC strip steaks this afternoon, since it was such a nice day -- almost 60 degrees. We didn't do anything special to them, just put them on the grill. The smoky taste was perfect enough for December. Mashed potatoes, a salad and Dutch apple pie rounded out the meal. Afterwards, Dad headed to his place to watch the game, and Mom, Nipper and I took naps.

Mom has taken off for work at the Major Discount Store. She'll be cleaning the front end as others stock the shelves for the big after-Christmas sale and happy returns. I head to work in the morning. All in all, a good day, but in the end, it's back to the grind.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I can't believe your Ma had to go into work today,, glad you and your pup got to nap after a nice meal,, nothing quit like that, ey??
I got to cuddle w/ my demon pup too!!