Friday, December 30, 2005

Happy birthday!

Yes, today is my birthday. No. 37. I suppose I should have some deep, introspective entry here about What I Have Learned in the last six months or something, but I'm not feeling that deep today.

I really hate having a big to-do about my birthday anymore. I mean, once you're not interested in the latest toys from whatever hot movie, it's not as much fun, right? Better to just have a few people wish you happy birthday and maybe have a special dinner with friends or family and hope your presents are something that's useful or sentimental, depending on who gives it.

A few people at work said happy birthday to me today, and one gave me a card. I passed up an invite to go out after work. I just really wanted to get home for a quiet evening.

Mom's taking her nap before she goes to work, Nipper is busy with his rawhide chew he got for Christmas (it's about half gone!) and I'm watching reruns and playing on the happy.

... and many more!

2 comments:

niki said...

Happy belated Birthday!!!
I wish you happiness and joy and many friends around.
May the New Year bring you all the good things that you have missed this past year.

Julie said...

Happy Happy Birthday!!
I reached the big ole 37 this year too.
I bet you got all those 'combo' christmas/bday gifts growing up though... that couldn't have been good, ha!!
Hope you had a nice night!