Saturday, August 13, 2005

Whew!

Got some exercise in today, and I hadn't actually realized it's been almost three weeks! Three weeks since my poor dog really had a walk, and even longer since I'd tried doing some yoga. It was tough. Nipper and I got about a block away from home and I started feeling winded! We made it to the park, about four blocks, and I let him off his leash to wander around the creek and the park on his own. He was a good boy. He didn't get very far away from me, and even though he wanted to go wander around town, he obeyed when I called him back. On our way back, he walked slow for me, even. I don't know what I'd do without him through this. He's 10 years old, and I worry he won't be with me much longer. He's been a good friend, and I need him now more than ever. So stay healthy, hound!

I tried some yoga, from a tape of a show on the Health Network that they conveniently put on at 5:30 a.m. I have about two 8-hour tapes worth, so it should last me awhile. I think I'll stay away from those moves that mean supporting my weight with my arms. It didn't hurt, but I could feel my port in my chest. I think I'll just stick with the stretching type moves and maybe work on some upper body work starting with my one-pound weights. Or maybe even just the motions. Just gotta keep listening to my body and not overdo it. That could be the hardest part of getting through this.

No comments: