Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Just another day

My brother is at home after his surgery, vegged out on the couch, it sounds like. He came through pretty good and I'm sure he'll be back to normal in no time. My dad is there with him for about a week to help out, so that'll be good for him.

Today was not that eventful. I wore my Snoopy scarf for the last half of the day at work. I was a bit apprehensive about it. I don't know why, because everyone has been pretty supportive. Even a couple of the younger guys at work commented it looked nice -- actually "lookin' psychedelic" and "lookin' colorful." Some of the guys, especially the younger, not long out of college age guys in the office haven't really said much to me since I announced I had cancer. I wonder if it's because being younger and not married, thinking or talking about a co-worker's breast gives them the willies or something. It's the guys who have been married for at least a handful of years who don't have much problem talking to me about it.

The hair continues to shed and it is noticeably thinner, I think. Wearing something on my head kind of helps keep me from brushing it off me constantly. Plus, I should get used to it. And let others get used to it.

I bought one of those iron-on transfer kits for ink jet printers. I'm going to try to make some custom-designed headwear. Maybe I'll post some of the designs later.

No comments: