Thursday, September 01, 2005

Great news!

Saw my surgeon today for my first sonogram since before treatment began ... and the tumor has shrunk! It's 28 percent smaller! Whoo-hoo!

Not having too many side effects this time either from my second treatment. I was tired Tuesday and Wednesday, and went back to work today. Since I don't get a blood test until Monday, we've got me in the "isolation chamber" until we know how my white blood cell count is. It's just a small storeroom off the conference room, but I think I'm going to get spoiled. I've got about twice the desk space I normally do, plus I've got my CD player hooked up to some external speakers (which I never could really do in the newsroom), plus I don't have to put up with all the yakking that sometimes goes on right at deadline. Of course, I kind of miss being around everyone and all that yakking, too. But I have the paper's "Bob the Buffalo" mascot costume to keep me company. He's not much of a talker, though. Maybe I'll get him a skullcap.

No comments: