Saturday, September 10, 2005

Things are going OK

I hadn't realized I hadn't posted all week. Guess that should be a sign things are going really well. Or really, really bad.

No, just kidding. If things get tough, Mom has e-mails for a bunch of friends, including one who has access to update here, if I can't. So no news is good news.

My white blood cell count was low again on Monday, but they let me go to work this time. I have my "isolation chamber" at work -- it's kind of a storeroom off the conference room, so I'm away from the general population for when my immunity is down or if someone in the newsroom gets sick. It's kind of like having my own office. I can play CDs, but my collection is actually kind of limited. If anyone has any suggestions for some new artists I could check out, PLEASE do so in the comments. I'm getting bored with my '80s compilations, greatest hits, etc. Something new would be nice.

It is kind of lonely in my space, though. One of the things I like most about the newsroom is there's always something going on and it's one big open room, so everyone gets keyed in on what's happening. It might be editors and reporters and photogs working on a story, breaking news, someone's personal news (new grandbabies for a couple of people recently), the stuff reporters hear that would never make it into a story (otherwise known as gossip) or whatever's going on in town via the scanner. I don't get all that, and I do miss it. This week the ad manager had a high school and then a college class in to talk about print advertising, and I was grateful just for the human noise!

But, it's what I've got to do, and will have to for awhile. At least when my WBC is up, I can hang out for awhile in the newsroom in the afternoon and chat, as long as no one's sick.

On the hair front, the fallout seemed to slow over the last week or so, leaving me with some baby-fine covering. But that actually got annoying, because even just the breeze from the ceiling fans would blow it around quite a bit. It doesn't hurt, it's just annoying. So I had Mom trim it down real short the other night, to about a quarter inch. It's much better to deal with now. I don't wake up with a big, dark spot of hair on my pillow (or spitting hair out of my mouth) and the shower drains much better! So all is good. As can be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd suggest Godsmack--for those times you're feeling particularly antisocial.