Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Missed it!

I was at a doctor's appointment this morning (female stuff ... you don't want the details) and missed all the excitement at the office today.

The director of the local humane society came to the office today to talk to the executive editor about an abused dog they took in. She brought it to the office with her. The poor thing has a mangled paw that might be amputated and its tail was just a stump, I was told. But, the first thing it did when it got into the editor's office was to take a dump! Apparently, the odor took over a good portion of the office, too. Our clerk went in the women's room and brought out the perfumy-odor covering spray stuff for his office. But that stuff usually just makes it smell like rosey crap for awhile. By the time I got in from my doctor's appointment, though, I didn't notice anything. The funniest part of all this is that my editor isn't really an animal person. I'm sure this just solidified his feelings ... so to speak.

Of course, after one of the reporters told me about this, I couldn't resist. As I delivered a page proof for my editor to look over, I said "So, what's the latest poop?"

I'm sure it wasn't the only ribbing he got today.

No comments: