Monday, September 26, 2005

Nipper again

I'm worried about my dog again. It was a week ago tonight he had his trouble and I stayed up half the night with him.

Overall, he seems fine. He's happy when we get home, excited when it's time for a walk, begs for our food when we eat. But he's hardly eaten any dog food in the last week. I can get him to eat a few handfuls if I handfeed him, but he will not eat from his dish. I even washed it real good last night. I'm tempted to try buying a new dish. Maybe there was a big bug in it and that freaked him out.

He's drinking more water than normal, and urinating more than usual. Maybe that's because of his medicine. Tomorrow I call the vet. His stool seems normal.

Tonight he was real restless after we got back from our walk. He wanted to stay out back, then he wanted in. He lied on the oversized chair for a minute than wanted out again. Then he wandered around the house for a couple minutes and wanted out back again, then wanted in. We went out front and sat in the yard for awhile, and he seemed fine then. We came in and he was a bit restless again.

He seemed to settle down a bit when he got up on the couch and kind of half-lay across a throw pillow. Maybe his stomach or whatever is bothering him again and that makes him comfortable. He's dozed a little and seems more relaxed. Hopefully he's stay calm through the night.

No comments: