Thursday, September 22, 2005

I ticked off my surgeon

I had an appointment with my surgeon this morning, and was expecting her to put a metal clip in my breast where the lump is. Only when she started the sonogram, she could barely find the lump! In her words, it is "virtually gone." I was just in shock when she said that. I certainly don't think she even expected this. Mom said that when she left the exam room she muttered "I knew I should have put that clip in last time."

Anyway, no clip today, but the chemo and lumpectomy are still on. I guess the surgery will be just a bit more difficult for her to find anything, especially since I'll have one more chemo treatment before then. I think I'm still in a bit of shock. I'm going to go hug my dog and have a good cry before I go to work and spread the news there.

No comments: