Wednesday, May 02, 2007

A bit worried

Tonight was my support group meeting, and I was scheduled to be the program, talking about the Web site and Yahoo group I set up for us. So I came home, planning to let the dog out for a bit, grab my computer and head back to town. Except when I go home, Nipper seemed a bit sluggish. I thought at first it was just because he'd been sleeping all day, but then I noticed a spot on the carpet where he'd thrown up. And I noted he was kind of groaning when he breathed. He didn't even want his nightly treat. It was like about a year and a half ago, when the problem turned out to be his liver. It was really hard to go to my meeting, but I didn't feel like I could back out on such short notice either.

Fortunately, when I got home from the meeting, he seemed to be feeling a little better. He was on my bed and seemed perkier. We even went outside and walked around along the creek and on the hill for a bit. So we've just been taking it easy tonight. He seems OK, just tired now.

Haven't heard much from Mom in a few days, although my dad said he'd talked to her last night. She was in western Texas, not far from the Mexico border, and in country that didn't have much cell phone access, let alone Internet access. She'll be heading to my brother's before long, so we'll probably get an update then.

In other news, I got the official invite to my 20th class reunion. Ouch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope Nipper's doing better tomorrow. -bro