Monday, January 16, 2006

Yucky Monday

Got my blood drawn for lab work this afternoon and the results are not good. My white blood cell count is so low, they won't let me have my treatment tomorrow. I'll still see my doc, and I'm going to ask her about possible having treatment every other week. Even though that will stretch out my treatment, I'd rather have time in between to build my immune system, strength and emotions back up. More Neupogen shots are on tap for today, tomorrow and Wednesday, too. The bone pain is manageable when I'm at home, but when I went to work for a few hours this afternoon, I hard time not moaning and groaning a lot. Which would have been embarrassing, since the managers were having their meeting in the next room. (Reason no. 32 I do not want to be a manger: you spend a lot of time talking about really boring stuff in a LOT of detail. "Should it say 'the' here? Does that arrogant? Is it even grammatically correct?" Yawwwwn!)

Thanks all for the support. I need some cheering up once in a while!

2 comments:

Julie said...

You are really hanging in there! You are something else through all of this,, you are definately in my daily thoughts and prayers and I hope your immune system is on it's way back up and that your pain lessons each day and they find a way to give your treatments w/out making you feel so crappy!!
And your dog doesn't mind to stay inside, as long as he's by your side!

Anonymous said...

As long as you're still sharing that clever wit, I won't worry too much. You're a tough chick, Juno, and that positive attitude gives you a great advantage.