Monday, January 02, 2006

Dinnertime

Tonight I made dinner for myself. I know that sounds unremarkable, but I don't really cook much. Mom (if you're new here, SHE moved in with ME) does most of the cooking. Cooking every day does get to be a drag, but there is a good feeling from making your own meals. Mom didn't feel good tonight, so she just had Cream of Wheat.

I like to cook, but I'm not real fancy about it. I mean, it's not like I have all day to make a big meal. There's always something out of a box or a can or frozen, but I like to stay away from the over-processed stuff when I can. Tonight was pretty simple. A baked chicken breast, some mashed potatoes, corn muffins -- one my favorite quick meals. I also made enough I that I can take some for lunch later in the week. I need to do more of that kind of thing (see the previous post). Prepackaged, store-bought meals are convenient and all, but especially having had cancer, I should be cutting my intake of highly processed foods.

I actually have one of those FoodSaver vacuum sealers. I don't use it as much as I did at first, but maybe I'll get back into using it. I know the infomercials are goofy, but it really works as well as they say it does. Of course, I bought one BEFORE they added the feature that lets you vacuum seal breads and other soft foods. Oh well. If I got a new one, they'd just come up with some new features.

No comments: