Saturday, January 07, 2006

A better day

I'm feeling much better today, although I woke up this morning with a headache, so I didn't get a lot done earlier today. All week I felt pretty crappy -- tired, bloated, etc. -- and just wound up each day on the couch with the heating pad and then to bed with the heating pad. I suffered through work with an upset stomach all day. I hope this isn't going to be the way I react to the new chemo regimen, 'cause it would really suck to feel that awful for the next two months. If it happens again next week, I guess I'll need to talk with my doc about it.

I'm glad I'm feeling better today because we have more of the unseasonably warm weather that's been pervading this winter. It's about 60 right now, and as soon as the laundry in the dryer (with some clean sweatpants) is done, I'm taking Nipper for a walk. We both need to get out in the sunshine and fresh air.

This morning I did get a couple loads of laundry done. I need to finish the cleanup/organizing I started on my bedroom last week and start taking the decorations off the tree. Since I didn't feel great, I did at least watch "Kill Bill Vol. 1," which I've had sitting around for a week or so. It's the first Tarantino film I've seen. Most of the first half was pretty dull, I thought, and a couple of times I almost turned it off. It didn't really get my interest until she went to Tokyo to kill the first of the assassins. And the violence is pretty over the top, what with the fountains of blood and cheesey '70s music, so it's not like it's gory violence -- more comic, really. Still, it's probably not something my mom would want to watch.

Well, laundry's done. Time for a nice walk.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're feeling better and having nice weather, too. The Christmas pics are great--nipper looks especially cute with that Santa hat on! The curio is very nice, what a wonderful gift! Anyway...just had to drop a note and let you know again how nice it is to "keep up" with you on the blog. Take care!

Julie said...

I hope you do feel much better and that this isn't the way it feels all the time..
take care Dear One, Have a groovy weekend