Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Quiet week

Dad is all moved in at his new place here in town, and my brother arrived Monday for his Thanksgiving visit. It's good to have everyone all together again, and even better now that Dad and bro don't have to sleep on the couch or the floor, especially since I have to work most of the week. I always hated having to get ready for work while they were sleeping in the living room.

I'm off Thursday, and we'll be having dinner at Dad's, since he's got an actual dining room with an actual dining table. He still needs some more seating in the living room, but we'll make do.

Nipper has been to his house a couple times now, and he does his usual thing. After about five minutes, he starts giving me that "can we go home?" look. And when he realizes we're not going anywhere, he finds a place to settle down and pouts. He did seem to enjoy lying on the porch there the other day. It was fairly warm and the porch faces south, so it had plenty of sunshine.

Not much else is going on. Tomorrow a couple of us from work are meeting for lunch with a former co-worker who now lives in Indiana and another former co-worker who quit about a month or so ago. It'll be good to see both of them again and get caught up. I haven't seen J. since right after I was diagnosed, but I know she checks in here so she's at least seen a picture of me without my hair.

Everyone seems to take it pretty well, not really making any kind of comment about how I look. When out in public, I keep looking around a lot to see if anyone's staring or making comments. It's only happened a couple of times, really, so it hasn't been a pain.

Well, not much going on this week. Next Tuesday I find out what the rest of my treatment will be, so I'll have more then. To all in the U.S., have a happy Thanksgiving if you don't check in before then, and don't go too crazy on Black Friday.

No comments: