Thursday, November 24, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving

Hope everybody had a good one. Ours was nice and quiet and full of good food.

I slept in 'til about 9:30, then puttered around while I got woke up. Dad & my brother came over around 11 a.m. and we all watched "Star Wars," then started getting things ready to cook dinner over at Dad's house. I took Nipper for a good walk. It was a sunny day, a bit chilly, but it was a nice walk. We eventually all ended up at Dad's by midafternoon while dinner cooked and we watched the football game. Well, Dad watched and I just kind of sat around. It's best to stay out of Mom's way when she's cooking.

We had a good dinner -- turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, gravy, rolls, peas and corn, salad -- and all had to sit around a bit before tackling the apple pie. We watched "Survivor," played some games and finally, when Nipper started giving us that "can we go home" look, we packed things up at about 10 p.m. and Mom & I came home.

Tomorrow, back to work. Avoiding the shopping at all costs. Then a nice weekend and ... back to work. You know the drill.

No comments: