Friday, November 04, 2005

A fine day

Had the follow-up visit with my surgeon this afternoon, and it was good all around. She said when my reports came into the cancer center yesterday, they were jumping up and down! The cancer is gone. I'll have to have a mammogram after the first of the year (after my breast "calms down" from the surgery -- what a mental picture that makes!) just to make sure, but she's pretty confident that it's 100 percent gone!

That doesn't mean I'm out of the woods yet, though. I still have to finish my chemotherapy, another three months, and that will be followed by several weeks of radiation. That won't likely start until after Christmas, though, from what my oncologist told me at the last visit. I'll see her again around the end of this month and will learn more then.

After the doctor's visit, my parents took me to Home Depot and bought me my Christmas present -- a storm door for the front door of my house. That'll be nice, since the door is on the north side of the house. It might be my birthday present, too, but that's OK. It's needed.

Getting a little tired and I'm a bit sore, so I think I'm off for a nap.

Later

No comments: