Thursday, October 13, 2005

Two-small Thursday

It's the second full day after chemo, and possibly one of the worst in the cycle. It's hard to explain, but the best way I can put is it's like when you're wearing a shirt that's too small, how it feel across your back and under your arms, around your neck ... that's how my skin feels. Like I put on the wrong torso skin and it's just too small.

My whole body feels kind of tender, but the torso especially so. I don't want to be touched or touch anything, even my clothes to some extent. I can't sit or lie down comfortably, so I have to take something in order to sleep. It'll last a couple days and then I'll be on my way to feeling OK.

Today I also fee l a little more run down than I normally do at this point. Maybe it's because yesterday I actually felt pretty good, compared to past treatments. Instead of just laying around all day, I did manage to take Nipper for a short walk, clean up my closet and change the sheets on my bed. There was a lot of resting in between, though, and I was dead tired by 9:30 p.m. I managed to stay awake through the end of "CSI:New York." I don't know if I could do the same for "Without a Trace" tonight, though. It hasn't really captured my interest so far.

I visit with the surgeon tomorrow, so hopefully will have more good news!

No comments: