Sunday, October 30, 2005

Getting closer

Less than two days and I go into surgery again, this time for the lumpectomy. I'm a bit nervous. It'll be only the second time I've ever had surgery, and this time I'll be completely under. Hopefully it'll all go well. I trust my surgeon, though. I just hope I don't have to say overnight. If they have to take any lymph nodes, then they'll have to put in a drain and keep me overnight and make sure I know how to handle it. Otherwise, I should just be able to go home.

My dad is here for a few days while I get through the surgery. He'll be moving up here later this month. It'll be good to have him closer, in case Mom and I need the help while my treatment continues, and nice to have him near since he's getting older too. I worry about him sometimes living so far away.

Nipper is doing well. He hasn't had any problems since we started him on the herbal supplement for his liver. He even reminds us when it's time for his "magic cheese."

Not much to say this time around. I'll have more to say probably after the surgery, whenever I feel up to it, so check back sometime late Tuesday.

No comments: