Sunday, October 16, 2005

Rest of the weekend

The Day of Caring was kind of fun. I'm not a fashion-type gal, but it was fun watching some of the models, who had done it before, and they obviously enjoyed it and had fun with it. Which is what the morning was all of about -- just feeling normal.

I thought the speaker, Susan Hess, was interesting. She's a therapist who uses music in her sessions, and using a native drum, flute and guitar she talked about how cancer affects your life. You go along through life to a certain rythm, and something like cancer suddenly changes that rythm. Treatment is another rythm. Grieving, and then getting on with life after cancer each have their own rythms. She advised finding your own music for each stage. It may sound all new-agey, but I believe in it. I think if I get an iPod and get it engraved, I'll have it say something like "JunO's Medicine Bag."

Today, I think maybe I did too much this morning, because now I'm just kind of dragging. I slept late, since some hay fever kept me up a couple of hours, but I got some laundry started and hung out and put up my new squirrel feeder and bird feeders, which I scrubbed clean Saturday afternoon. And all afternoon today, I've just been kind of laying around, in between getting a few loads of laundry done. It was kind of a beautiful fall day for not doing much anyway. We won't have too many of those left, I imagine.

No comments: