Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Nipper's better

Took Nipper to the vet yesterday for a follow-up. His blood test came back good. The doc explained that two weeks ago on his blood test, the indicators for his liver wouldn't even register. She suspects he does have a problem with his liver, but doesn't seem real concerned right now. She's got him on an herbal supplement that has dandelion and milk thistle that's supposed to help his liver and wants us to check back in December. Actually, the supplement she had us get came from a local natural foods store, which helped us save over $80 what it would cost through her office. That's a sign of a good vet, if you ask me. I'm sure Nipper's glad he gets to continue his "magic cheese."

Tonight, I went to a meeting of a local breast cancer support group. I was the youngest person there, which I guess is good and bad, but there were quite a few who aren't that much older than me. It was kind of nice to get out of the house for one, and especially among people who could relate to how I feel and what I'm going through. There's just some things I don't want to talk about with just anyone, for various reasons. The Web is OK for that, but it's not quite the same as having face-to-face contact, so I think this group will be a good thing (is that to Martha-ish?).

It's turning cold in our area -- it could get to freezing tonight. Got to go put my cactus plants somewhere safe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good news about Nipper!

-bro