Saturday, September 30, 2006

Good Saturday

It turned hot again today -- well hot for early fall, and warmer than we have been having recently. But it was a good day for a parade. So I went to be in one. It's homecoming weekend for the local university, and of course there's a parade. My breast cancer support group had a float and a good group of us showed up to ride and walk alongside and throw candy. I figured it'd be just sitting on the float, waving at a few people, etc., but it turned out to be a bit more than that. As we moved along Main Street, people would applaud and cheer for us. Total strangers, most of them. I wasn't the only one getting a bit choked up by that. And then there was Mom. She found a spot right in front at the newspaper's parking lot, so she got a couple pictures. And she said seeing me on that float made her cry. So it was an interesting morning -- more than I bargained for.

The rest of the day (aside from a walk with Nipper and then a nap) has been spent playing with my new toy -- a new iPod Nano! I got a blue 4 GB model. It was the only one left at WallyWorld, and I wanted to make sure I got one before I left next week to see my brother (I live far enough in the boonies "overnight" delivery means at least a day or two). I can't get over just how dang small it really is. I mean, you can look at the specs online and see the commercials and so forth, but until you actually see one and hold it, you just don't get the idea. I spent a bit more than I wanted, but after this last year, I think I deserve it. So I guess this is my kicking cancer/Christmas/birthday present to myself!

No comments: