Wednesday, September 20, 2006

The TV season so far

OK, so the new TV season is under way. Here's some thoughts:
Sunday:
Amazing Race: Off to a great start, although what could have been two of the more interesting teams got eliminated right off. And a new twist -- one team was eliminated before the first pit stop! Obviously, they won't be doing that every week, or else the season would last only a few weeks. But Phil said other surprises are in store.

Monday
The Class: I think I'll skip this one. Maybe if you work in Hollywood, and your new TV show is being touted as "the next (insert name of past hit show here)," you shouldn't quit your day job.
How I Met Your Mother: So far, so good.
Didn't watch much of Two and a Half Men, but saw The New Adventures of Old Christine. I do like that one, so if Heroes turns out to be good, I might tape this one. I've always lliked Julia Louis-Dreyfuss, and the main characters aren't just stereotypes.
I already saw the pilot for Studio 60, but I didn't pay much attention to CSI: Miami.

Tuesday
NCIS: I suppose eventually they're going to make Mark Harmon shave and cut his hair. Darn it. Anyway, it's interesting to see the team acting in a new way under DiNozzo's leadership. And how's he going to act when Jethro comes back? (you know he will).

Wednesday:
Jericho: You know I had to say something. And ... it wasn't at awful as I thought it might be. The landscape, other than the one shot of the mountains, didn't look too bad (typical TV Kansas landscape. It's not perfectly flat out here, but there's more bluffs in western Kansas than hills.) There wasn't too much else that made me roll my eyes, and the story was kind of interesting. I'll tune back in next week.
CSI: New York: Bungee sex?!?

More later in the week.

No comments: