Sunday, September 17, 2006

More planting

Yestderday was pretty much a bust. The wind blew hard all day, which kicked up something that I must be allergic to, because after taking Nipper for a walk, I had a headache the rest of the day. I didn't feel good until late Saturday night, when I kind of played around with the iTunes 7. I love the new cover browser feature that lets you flip through the album art like an old juke box. So I spent a couple hours late Saturday night scanning in CD covers that iTunes couldn't find and download.

Today was making up for lost time. I got (almost) all my laundry done and finished planting my irises and flower buds on the hill out back. So over two weekends, I've planted 18 irises (most of which I dug up and divided myself), 16 daffodil bulbs, 10 daylilies, 2 mums and an aster. Might not sound like much, but all this was done on a steep slope with poor footing. Not bad, I'd say. I took some pictures, along with other parts of the yard. Since I use old-fashioned film, you'll just have to wait. Besides, it'll look more interesting next spring. I hope.

I also got my bird-feeding station pretty well finished up. I got the tray feeder set on the top of the pole and the dowel set in to hold the finch feeder. I might have to add some extra support for the tray feeder, in case some raccoon sits its fat butt up there for a late-night munchfest.

The Amazing Race starts tonight! And holy cow, they eliminated one team before even reaching the first pit stop! Can't wait to see what other surprises they have in store this time around.

No comments: