Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Had to get away

I am o-fficially on vacation! Whoo-hoo! And not just a sit-around-at-home vacation, either ... this is one with a real trip and everything!

Friday (early Friday), I'll catch the train in Dodge to spend about a week with my brother in New Mexico. I haven't actually been to his place since he graduated college, so this should be neat. Plus, the Balloon Fiesta will be going on in Albuquerque, so we'll be catching some of that, as well as going to the Trinity Site, where the first atomic bombs were tested. They open it to visitors a couple of times a year, so I'm sure there will be crowds, but it would be worth it. Hmmm. I see my radiation oncologist the week after I get back. I wonder if I need to tell him I was there so he can add in the extra radiation I'll absorb.

Aside from that, and seeing the area where he lives and belatedly celebrating his birthday, I'm not sure what all we'll do. Maybe seek out our birthplace. Go look at the ol' neighborhood (that I can barely remember anyway). Who knows?

In the meantime, I have stuff to do to get ready -- make sure I have clean clothes, enough travel-sized toiletries, see what I might need to buy, maybe get a haircut ... at least I have a couple of days.

If I get a chance, I'll post while I'm there so y'all know I'm OK and having a good time. Maybe bro will have some digital pics I could post, too. I'll probably have lots to say afterward, too, so be sure to check back for sure on the 14th or 15th.

No comments: