Saturday, October 14, 2006

I'm back!

Got back home between 2 and 2:30 this morning. Then had to get up to get to the Day of Caring brunch at 10 a.m. We got home from that in the noon hour, so I thought I'd take a short nap. I got up just awhile ago!

It was nice and sunny this morning, but now is cloudy. My brother said today was pretty gloomy looking in Albuquerque today, and they had to cancel some of the activities at the balloon fiesta. It sounds like we lucked out with the good weather the day I was there.

And it was a great trip. The train ride was amazing. I'm the type that likes to study the countryside, so this was a perfect way for me to travel. It was fun to be able to sit and watch the geography change as the train moved on, from the plains into the foothills of the Rockies and up into the mountains. I saw several pronghorn antelope as we crossed the plateau in northern New Mexico that look very similar to Kansas. I would definitely travel that way again, but I think it would also be fun to drive and take some time to explore some of the towns we passed through, like Trinidad, Colo., or Raton, or Las Vegas, N.M. The parts of town I could see from the train station had a real Old West kind of look to them, although those areas of the towns probably aren't as lively as they were back then.

I'll have pictures posted Tuesday or Wednesday. I shot a total of seven rolls of film, most of it at the mass ascension at the balloon fiesta. It was just that great! I'll probably have more comments then, or maybe tomorrow. The rest of today is unpacking and taking it easy.

Later.

No comments: