Friday, October 20, 2006

Hot water again

Well, that was fast. When Dad's hot water heater went kaput, it took a few days to get a new one in. The plumbers came out today and had it in by this afternoon. Maybe it's just a matter of what they had in inventory. Anyway, we've got hot water again. I haven't even asked what it cost. I want to pay for it myself -- I mean, it's my house, I'm an adult -- but right now it's just hard. I'm still paying off the hospital and my vacation upped my credit card balance a bit, so I hadn't been planning on spending any extra money except for Christmas shopping. So thanks, Mom and Dad, for helping out. I'll repay you somehow, someday.

At least there should be something good this weekend. A friend who moved away a couple years ago will be in town and we're getting together this weekend. It'll be good to see her again and get caught up. Other than that, I hope for a quiet weekend!

No comments: