Thursday, April 27, 2006

Not home yet

Dad's still in the hospital, which isn't a big surprise. He's doing better on one hand, but they also have some concerns. He got up to walk a couple of times today and looks and sounds a lot better. He got nauseous and threw up while we were there tonight, and they have him on oxygen again because they're concerned he doesn't get enough oxygen when he's sleeping. He says it still hurts a lot, but he's off the morphine and on percocet. Maybe tomorrow he'll get out. We'll see.

Poor Nipper is probably going a bit nuts. Dogs like their routines, and life has been anything but this week. He's been alone most of the day and doesn't get his walks until late. We had to make it quick tonight, too, because a storm moved in. It was just a short one, with lots of thunder and lightning, but nothing severe. It wasn't much rain, but anything we can get is great, even if it does keep the dog in.

I met with the lady with the fitness center's cancer patient exercise program. Today was just filling out the paperwork and learning a bit more of what the program is about. Tuesday I get a physical assessment, and then the program itself will start Thursday. I'm really looking forward to this. I've never been a real athletic type, but I did do some yoga and weight training before the cancer, and I'd like to get back into it. I've just had a hard time getting motivated. Once I get going, though, it's like my body actually craves it. It's time to get going again.

No comments: