Thursday, April 06, 2006

Maybe R. Kelley can do a song

Poor Nipper (my dog).

Mom had stuff to do in town most of the day today, so he was alone for awhile today. That wasn't the worst of it.

I came home a little after 5 p.m., like normal. Mom wasn't home yet, which didn't surprise me. I opened the door and called Nipper, but he didn't appear. I grabbed the newspaper and the mail and stepped inside. Still no Nipper. I set everything down and called, no sign of him. I checked Mom's bedroom, he wasn't in there. He wasn't in my room either. Now I'm feeling some panic. I turn and look, but he's not in the living room, either. I call him again ... and I hear a soft *scratch* coming from my room. I walk in, push open my closet door, and there's Nipper!

I have no idea how long he was in there, but he sure was happy to get out, running in circles, wagging his tail. He had to pee pretty bad, too. It probably wasn't too horrible -- we have walk-in closets, so he had plenty of room to lie down, but he was in near dark for however long. He must have gone in and bumped the door. It will close on its own if it's left past a certain spot. I have no idea what he was doing in there, though. It's not like I stash food or anything in there.

I hadn't planned on taking him for a walk because the weather was a bit stormy, but the clouds seemed to have passed by then, and he certainly needed to get out after being cooped up for however long. Poor guy. He doesn't seem traumatized, though.

No comments: