Sunday, April 16, 2006

Vacation's almost over

Tomorrow I head back to work and I am really dreading it. The week off was pretty pleasant, despite the news (Dad's bone scan was clean, by the way). It would be great to be a trust fund baby or a lottery winner or something that allowed me to never worry about how to pay my bills and just do whatever I wanted.

But it's back to reality Monday, and the old grind. A friend is in town for Easter though, and I guess a dinner out is in the works for Monday evening. That'll be good.

This weekend was hot and windy, about 20-some degrees warmer than normal for this time of year, and about five times as windy. We did get Dad's lawn mowed and the front and east lawns here mowed, but I didn't really get to the hill. Sounds like I have some big, impressive estate, doesn't it? My property is along a creek (well, it's more a less a river by local standards), and on the west side is a hill that slopes down to the creek. It's got several trees, including a big, dead, cottonwood that will probably fall and kill someone one day, and it's a bitch to mow. Here's a peek:

That's the garage toward the upper left. It's hard to see through the trees, but there's a lot of grass there to cut. And the bindweed patch is already starting to take over. It's actually pretty nice to have, though, on a hot day when the trees are all leafed out and you can go sit in the shade on the bank and watch the fish swim and turtles sunning themselves on fallen trees. Nipper loves it too, except for the part where he gets hosed off before going inside.

No comments: