Monday, May 01, 2006

Today sucks

My dog is at the vet, my water heater doens't work and all I could think about all day was how much I hate my job.

Nipper seemed fine most of the day, but about 3 p.m., we went over to Dad's where Mom is staying while he recuperates from his surgery. We'd been there about 45 minutes ore so, when Nip just started getting that droopy dog look. Mom let him in the house, and while I was mowing dad's lawn, she asked me to go in and check on Nipper. He was lying on the floor and breathing kind of shallow, like he did back in September. So I took him to the vet and she checked him over and did a blood test, which was OK. His belly was real tight, was all she found. So they're going to keep him overnight and do an ultrasound in the morning.

The pilot light on the water heater went out sometime yesterday. Mom and I got it relit, but when I checked this morning, no hot water -- the light had gone out again. So we got it re-lit, but still I get only lukewarm water. The pilot light is still lit, though. So we called a plumber, but it will be at least Tuesday before he can come out and look at it.

So I can't even have a good cry about my dog (and everything else bringing on the stress) while standing under a hot shower.

On the good side, Dad continues to improve. He's had a shower or two, and he gets up and down a little better.

No comments: