Monday, March 20, 2006

Winter's last punch

It's certainly giving us a last-minute return. Nipper had to go out just before 6 a.m., and my first thought after looking out the window was "so much for the snow." All I could see was a light covering on the grass. After I let Nip out the door, I thought I'd go ahead and put a fresh bucket of birdseed in and around the birdfeeders, since I have the day off and didn't want to get up in an hour or so when then sun came up. So I bundled up and went out and that's when I felt the wind and the near-blinding snow coming down. By the time Mom got home a little over an hour later, there was probably a few inches covering everything.

The birds and squirrels have been going at the feeders like crazy all morning. I'll probably go out after lunch, since what I put on the ground is pretty well buried, plus it'd help to get out and shovel the walks some too.

I got all my laundry done yesterday, so there's not much else to do today. Maybe something good will come in from Netflix.

Later.

No comments: