Sunday, July 10, 2005

Difficult talk

We told my dad today about the cancer. Or rather Mom did. I just don't think I could have said the words to him. His parents both died of cancer and from things he's said over the years, I think it's what he fears for himself the most. I don't imagine he ever thought one of his kids would have to face it before he did.

He took it rather well, much better than I had feared he would. He was very supportive, and I'll probably need that in that in the coming months.

Anyway, I'm grateful to have that out of the way. Now we just need to tell my brother. We left a message on his answering machine, so he's either at work or sleeping (he works various shifts and we don't always know when he's working). So I guess that will come later tonight.

I am a little annoyed with one of my co-workers. She called another co-worker who's been at home recuperating from rotator cuff surgery and left a message on her machine: "I don't know if you heard about JunO, give me a call." Judy knew I was going to a former co-worker's wedding in another town yesterday, and from StP's message, she had no idea if I'd been in accident or what. So I'm not only upset at how StP told her, but also that she told Judy. Telling people should be my decision, and I wanted to tell Judy myself, in person, and StP ruined that. Tomorrow I'm going to have confront her, I guess.

No comments: