Monday, July 18, 2005

Again

The pecan tree lost another branch last night. I was sitting at the computer desk at about 12:45 a.m., having just plugged in the laptop so I could finish a game without the battery going completely down when I heard a big crack.

My I turned on the big light in the backyard, and saw the branches on the ground. Oh, no! I thought, not again. I had let Nipper out just awhile before, but fortunately he apparently wasn't near the tree when it happened. When I stepped outside, he was just kind of staring at the tree!

It's not as big a branch as last time, but then again, the wind was hardly blowing. Maybe 15 mph. It must be the weight of the pecans, although two summers ago, we didn't lose any branches and there were many more pecans. I hope the tree isn't diseased or something.

So I guess this afternoon, I'll be trimming the tree. I'm going to go ahead and trim some of the lower branches too, so we don't lose anymore branches. I keep getting these weird thoughts that the tree is an omen for my cancer. The big branch came down just before my biopsy, and now this happens the week I get tests to make sure the cancer hasn't spread.

I'm sure my mind is just playing cruel tricks on me.

Right?

No comments: