Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Tests done ... for now

Had the bone scan today, and that seemed to go well. Should be a day or two before I hear anything on it. My surgeon said to expect they'll recommend an MRI as followup, so I probably have one more round at the hospital coming.

You can tell you've been to the hospital a lot when the staff feels comfortable enough keep up their joking and teasing of one another even with you around, I guess. The guys in radiology here are kinda fun. It was Bryan's birthday, so there was some joking about that, and Jerry's kind of a cut up. He's from Texas and has that drawl and calls me things like "hon." But not in a bad way or anything. He's got a house on the creek on the other side of town, so we always compare how much water is at each other's place.

From my doctor's visit Tuesday, the X-ray turned out fine, except they did see a bit of arthritis showing up. I'm guessing it's in my upper back, because I do feel some pain there once in awhile around the shoulder blades, and when the weather turns cold real fast, it feels like it's seeped into my bones there.

All my blood work looked OK, too, although the doc noted one slight abnormality that she said probably indicates my bone marrow is still recovering somewhat from the hit it took during chemo. Amazing, since it's been over a year since my last one that made my white blood cell counts plummet!

No comments: