Thursday, December 21, 2006

Mission: Organization

So, thanks to Mom rearranging her bedroom and a night of TV reruns, I got into a bit of a cleaning fit in my bedroom tonight.

Well, I all I did was clean out a storage tower I have in my bedroom, which I hadn't really touched for about two years, judging from some of the stuff I found. I started by getting caught up on filing some photos in my photo storage boxes. Then I started on the tower, where I'd had the photo storage boxes, as well as my camera bag and equipment. And then I just started working my way down. I took out a bag of trash from it, and I got most of that stuff organized.

A week or so ago, I cleaned off the top of my desk (which I do about three or four times a year -- I'm not a neat freak by any means), and still had the trash from that, which I also took out tonight. I don't have to worry about cleaning OUT my desk, since the drawers fell apart years ago. It's really time to get rid of the old desk -- it was a Christmas or birthday present when I was 13 or 14 -- since it's really not that functional. I had some idea a few years ago of trying to do something with it -- make the space for drawers into storage shelves, but that was one of those things I've never gotten around to. I really don't need a desk, since I've got the laptop, and I really don't want one in my bedroom anymore anyway. But if I get rid of it now, I'll just end up throwing my stuff on the floor and probably never pick it up.

Maybe with some cold nights and more reruns, I'll get more organized and cleaned up. But tonight's a start, I guess.

No comments: