Sunday, December 10, 2006

Same old story

Overworked and overtired. That's how I feel after a week of being even more shorthanded at work than we normally are. My co-worker's wife is doing OK now though, thankfully (no baby yet, though), and he should be back to the office tomorrow. Since I worked for him Saturday, I should be able to take Monday off. And hopefully get this Saturday off, which I was supposed to work.

I don't necessarily think things will get better once we get through this month, though. Next month, we have a major system upgrade coming. We'll be getting a bunch of new hardware (not page desigers, though; we do get a big memory upgrade), moving up to OSX, InDesign/InCopy, Illustrator, etc. (We're moving up from OS 9 and Quark 3.2, by the way). The bosses are talking like this will be the solution to all our problems. But I see a bunch of headaches while we learn the software, deal with software conflicts, bugs, etc. All while already being shorthanded.

Anyway, on to other things. My back is feeling much, much better. There's still just a slight twinge if I move wrong, but that's about it. It's probably time I get back into some exercise. Walking the dog seems to be OK. We went for long walks Saturday and today, since it was so nice and I'm doing OK. Nipper is too, although I noticed yesterday as we got home he seemed to be limping just a bit.

Mom got a digital camera, and she's been playing with it a bit. Maybe she'll let me have a pic or two to post here. She got a couple nice ones of the Christmas lights on the house the other day.

I haven't even started my Christmas shopping, but I have some good ideas. And for the first time in the four years I've been in this house, we went with an artificial (one Mom's had for awhile) instead of a real tree. I would love to have a real one again this year, but the budget's just a bit tight this year.

Haven't started my Christmas cards, yet, either. Maybe that's a simple task for tonight.

That's about it for now.

No comments: