Sunday, October 07, 2007

Time to recharge

Whew, it's been a busy week. Or at least it seems like it. Things are rough at work and look to be getting rougher. I worked at the second job three weeknights (which means I'm gone from the house from about 7:30 a.m. to 10:30 p.m.), and that seemed to wear me down a bit. I got behind on some housecleaning and other things I wanted/needed to do, but now it's time to catch up. I'm now officially on vacation time until Oct. 17!

I still have to work the second job, but that won't be so bad. I've got Wednesday through Friday completely free this week, and Mom will be back from her trip about that time, so maybe I'll go find some things to do and let her get back into a groove of being in one place. Then I've got the following Tuesday and Wednesday totally free, too, before I go back. I should try to get my car in to the shop one of those two days before I need it. I'm coming up on about 30,000 miles since I bought it, so it's about time for some routine maintenence. At least I won't need a new battery. Had to deal with that last week after I got stuck at Home Depot with a dead one.

Last Wednesday was my support group meeting, so that was one high point of the week. We had a memorial for the sisters who have passed on -- five in a little over a year. We had a candlelighting ceremony, sang and shared memories. There were tears, of course, but also laughter. It's something the group will do each October, as part of Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Then Saturday was the local university's homecoming, so we had our float in the parade. We had more who were able to ride this year, and everyone had fun, even though it was hot and the parade people seemed to think the parade needed to move along at about 20 mph. All the poor walkers handing out candy were either far behind us or looked like they were running a candy-handing marathon!

I don't have a lot planned for the vacation. I need to clean out Mom's side of the garage (hey, there's plenty of space for the lawn mower and stuff now!), plant the irises and some other things I got, do some weeding and set out some mulch before it gets too chilly. Other than that, it's mainly just relaxing and getting refreshed.

No comments: