Sunday, October 21, 2007

Back to work

Well, I'm back at work after being on vacation and Buster seems to be adjusting OK. We had about six days of my vacation time together, so he kind of got used to me sleeping in. Mom usually gets up earlier than I do when I'm on my days off, and after she'd get up, he'd try to get me up, too, and then get all excited when I did.

Thursday, though, when I got up early after my alarm went off, he was just escatic that I was up early! He ran into the kitchen when I went to fix breakfast, and ran back to my room with me and ran little circles as I went about getting ready for work. And then he stood at the door and looked confused when I went out to the car to leave. I was amazed at the difference in his behavior from one morning to the next. Friday, when my alarm went off and I got up, he actually seemed like he was moping! Like he had figured out that when the alarm goes off, it means I'm going to be leaving him. Now it's the weekend, of course, and I could sleep in, so it'll be interesting to see what happens when I get up Monday morning.

Today, when I was getting ready to take him for a walk, he seemed a little excited about it. That's the first time, so maybe he's starting to associated the word "walk" with going outside. And he does like to spend a lot of time outside, so I'm thinking maybe a doghouse would be a good idea. I'll probably still get a dog door, but if he likes spending so much time outside, it'd be a good idea to have something for him out there.

No comments: