Monday, September 10, 2007

Keeping busy

Today is a day off from the main job, and then I go to my first day of work at the new job.

I had planned to do some yardwork -- mow and trim some grass, maybe transplant some irises or at least identify which ones to thin out for transplanting later in the week -- but woke up to a cool, cloudy and rainy day. It's only in the 60s as I write this, and will only be in the 70s the rest of the week, so it'll be a good time to do some fall planting. Hope I have some time, because I supsect summer hasn't given us its last yet.

So instead I did some meal planning and cooking ahead for the next week or so, since I'll have some days where I won't be home unitl after 10 p.m. So I've got some sweet & sour chicken made up to take with me for work nights, breaded up some round steak to freeze and use later on for steak fingers and a chicken fried steak, and am trying out a salsa chicken recipe in the crock pot, part of which will be tomorrow night's dinner at work and then the leftovers can be wrapped up in a toritilla for lunch. I bought a roast to throw in the crock pot some morning for dinner, and will use the rest for sandwiches or something else.

See, Mom, I won't starve.

Well, think I'll go take a little nap before I start thinking about getting ready for work.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Thought I might stop by and say hello, sounds like you are very busy and enjoying the end of summer, take care, Jules