Sunday, September 09, 2007

Getting more done!

I got in a changing mood yesterday, and made some plans to rearrange the dining nook area. I had to work Saturday, so planning was about all I did. But after taking 10 minutes to read the Sunday paper (hey, I had to put the thing together, you think I'm going to actually read it?) I set out on the plan. And no, Mom, this is not the surprise project I'm working on. I think you might like the new arrangement, though. No more having to dodge around cords and legs and feet when we're both seated in there. It seems roomier now. I even hung up a few things on the wall. Not to mentioned vacuumed and swept -- which was needed in all the nooks and crannies.

I went in this afternoon and evening for a bit more training on the second job and met the third hotline assistant. It's a bit overwhelming, all the stuff you have to remember. I guess as long as I get the right people called so the clients can get their help, that's what matters. But then all the calls have to be logged into the computer, and it got a bit confusing knowing whose name to put where ... once I get a night or two under my belt, I'm sure I'll do OK. It's the beginning and not knowing much that has me concerned. They seem like pretty nice people, though, so even if I screw something up, it probably won't be too bad.

I keep dreaming about what to with the extra money, once I pay off a couple debts, do some Christmas shopping and put some in the bank for a rainy day, of course. I'd like to work some more on the kitchen. That all started with the broken faucet. It's one of those pull-out sprayer faucets. It developed a leak and water would drip down the sprayer hose into the cabinet below, and then it developed a crack right on top that shoots out water that gets all over the counter if you hold the faucet wrong. So I originally just wanted to replace that. But then the sink doesn't look all that great. And the countertops and backsplash? Cheap and UGLY. So I went to Home Depot a couple weeks ago and just out of curiosity, did some pricing. And of course, I kept finding more and more I could do -- there was a cabinet unit that would make a nice pantry right where there's room, and it'd be nice to dump the computer table for a built-in workstation ... I should stay out of Home Depot. Good thing I'm pretty happy with the bathroom. Except that faucet needs replacing ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh good, surprises and I've only been gone a little over a week.
mom