Sunday, September 23, 2007

Back to work (not)

I had hoped to get a good day's worth of yardwork done today, but I guess my body had other ideas. No sooner had I got started trimming some grass and pulling some weeds on the hill when I felt a sharp twinge in my back. Crap.

I did get quite a bit done so far today, but not as much as I wanted. I've had to do a lot of resting in between. I got some trimming done, planted the two little mums and the pansies I bought last night, and got the backyard partly mowed. Partly because some of it is so thick I had to raise it up so the mower wouldn't choke and quit. I'll go out in a bit and lower the mower again and finish it off, now that it's cooling down and there's more shade in the back. Maybe I'll get the front yard too, since it's pretty small, and the grass isn't as thick. But the west side is getting awful overgrown, especially on the hill, and I won't be able to get to that until Wednesday. Man, I hope the grass stops growing so darn fast soon.

No comments: