Saturday, March 03, 2007

Spring! (almost)

I saw a pretty cheery sight earlier this week. It was on Thursday morning, as I was getting ready for work I looked out my bedroom window, I could see swimming up the creek two Canada geese! My geese!

This pair of geese was one of the first things I saw when I first looked at the house, and they have come back every spring since then. I was worred I wouldn't see them this spring since the creek dried up pretty much completely last summer. But the big snowstorms we had at the end of the year and last month have the creek bank-full now. The geese even joined the squirrels at my birdfeeder briefly this afternoon. I don't think the squirrels were pleased, though. I also saw a pair of mallard ducks at the feeder earlier this week.

I can't quite call it spring, yet, though. Not until the turkey vultures show up.

No comments: