Saturday, March 24, 2007

After the rain

We had our first big rain of the season overnight, and now, with the sun trying to peek through the clouds, everything is looking green. We'll probably have to start mowing the lawn before too long!

There's lots more popping up in the garden, too:
More daffodils!


And the hillside is starting to turn green (with a few yellow daffodills):


And even the willow trees that fell into the creek during the end-of-the-year ice storm are starting to leaf out! Maybe the beavers will come by and clean that up for me.

There's more pictures here.

Today is probably going to be a gardening day. I need to clean up my wildflower garden, plus I want to try moving a couple things around there. The rain should have made the ground softer, so that will be easier. And I have some seeds to start, so that might be the first thing I do. There's a walk on Nipper's "to do" list, we still have to get the Christmas boxes put away, and I have a ton of laundry to do. So that's my weekend. Paris and Lindsay are probably envious of me.

No comments: