Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Mass relief

Tonight was my breast cancer support group. It's amazing how much of a stress reliever this is, even when it's not cancer that's got me stressed out.

It wasn't a great day at work today. I was a bit angry about the fact the guy who's my supervisor for some reason hasn't been having me read his pages (I do still have "copy editor" in my job tile as far as I know), and when I asked him about it, not only did I get a lame excuse, but he wouldn't even look me in the eye when I was trying to talk to him about it (I'm not the only person he does that to). How are you supposed to solve problems with someone like that?

Anyway, I wasn't in a great mood because of that today, but after I got to the meeting, it didn't take long for me to forget that. It's always great to just sit with these other women who have experienced the same kind of things I have ... and not even talk abou that common thing sometimes. I was in a much better mood when I got home.

Mom wasn't though. Whenever either one of is not home by a certain time, my dog, Nipper, gets anxious. I guess he was driving her a bit crazy tonight. Poor guy also has had a yeast infection in his ear for awhile now. I keep trying to keep it cleaned, but I don't always do a great job. Tonight, I tried a remedy found on the Internet -- vinegar and water -- and he must have some breaks in the skin inside his ear, because that just seemed to make it worse. He was constantly flapping and scratching at his ear for awhile. Guess I won't try that again.

No comments: