Saturday, August 19, 2006

A river runs through it

Well, I don't know that it's actually running, but there is water in the creek that runs by my house! It dried up this summer, until there's been just a few puddles or pools here and there. But that changed last night, after we got 2 inches of rain in about an hour. Total for the night was 2.75. That's more rain than we've gotten in the last three or four months!

But the bad news with the rain was I found out the roof still leaks in the kitchen. In fact, it started dripping in a new place last night. Not for very long, thankfully, but it makes me worry that there's more damage up there that you can't see, like mold, rotting wood, etc. I hate to think how much it will cost to fix that.

More rain expected later today (ETA: just after I posted, a shower started) and other places upstream got heavy rain, too, so maybe the creek actually will run. I'll have to take Nipper walking and check out the rest of town.

No comments: